Wednesday, October 1, 2014

working with the database

Hola!!

This week, we had a special class. We went to a different classroom and had a different teacher to teach us how to use the database of ICU library web cite. It looked like ICU has a ton of pages offering for the students to use in order to do a research. We worked in a group and used a database called "Gale Virtual Reference Library." In this place, one can search for academic papers on any topics, and the best part about this is that there is a citation tool at the right side of the page, waiting for it to be clicked when you think you can use the paper as a source for the essay.

While it was fun learning how to search for academic papers and news articles, I also found some psychology related database too! There were some interesting papers I would certainly like to read soon.

Well, I enjoyed looking at some psychology papers more than anything else we did, but let's just keep that as a secret...

See you soon!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Freddie! Or I should call you as Ryota*o! Any ways, I seems that you've learned things and that sounds good. Although, only the question I had is that are you sure which website services to use when you are looking for newspaper article, academic papers of past, numerical dates and graphs? For me, I'm not. I learned about LexisNexis, but I don't really know things about other services such as JSTOR or ProQuest etc.........

    ReplyDelete